Today, I can’t thank God enough for blessing me with 37 years of life. I look back at how far I have come and I am really excited about what I have coming in the next year.
As I turn another year older, I can only think of all the things that I have learned throughout the years. So, here are a few things I’d like to share that I have learned over the years:
- Be kind even when others aren’t.
- Everything doesn’t have to be talked about.
- Health is very important.
- Gossiping really does lead to trouble.
- Put NOTHING before God.
- God is a God of second, third, fourth chances.
- Family keeps you strong.
- True best friends are hard to find.
- This is never the end.
- God uses everyone, know matter who you are.
- Circumstances don’t last forever.
- Help without expectation of something in return.
- Prayer works.
- Talk to God throughout your day.
- Spend time alone…like really alone.
- Travel more.
- Keep a prayer journal.
- Read the Bible everyday.
- “No’s” are answered prayer too.
- Save money.
- Watch your words.
- Control your thoughts.
- Everything always works out.
- Books help your mind grow.
- Taking chances help expand your limits.
- Being afraid is ok.
- Positive thinking overcomes negative thoughts
- Being YOU is very much ok.
- It’s ok to say no.
- Ask God every morning “what should I do for you today God?”
- Forgive yourself and others.
- It does not matter what other people think.
- Give back more.
- Don’t waste too much time with negative people.
- Worry less.
- Trust your gut.
- When life knocks you down, get back up and go harder.
This past year has been one that I will definitely remember. It has thrown me for a loop and a lot of unexpected things have happened. BUT GOD!
I know that there will be more difficulties ahead, but its all about how to react to them. With God, I can do anything and I know he will be right there with me for the next 37 years.
I count my blessings not my burdens. I look at what I have, not what I have not. I have stopped comparing what I have with what someone else has. Plus it’s a waste of time.
Everything has a season in your life, and although you may feel like this isn’t your season in life, believe that there is a reason you are going through certain things in life and know that you will overcome anything that you maybe going through.
My birthday wish is that whomever is reading this is blessed tremendously. Know that God is right there with you and you can do anything through Christ.
Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct they path.
This is the bible scripture I have meditated on daily, sometimes several times a day. It has helped me realize so much about my self and my relationship with God. He knows that I am not perfect, and he continues to forgive me, even when it’s hard for me to forgive myself.
Life is a blessing!
Anchored by Christ. Single mom. Shih Tzu lover. But first coffee. Toast to the good life. Proverbs 3:5-6.