This morning I thought I’d share the 5 things I do to start my day. The day starts when you open your eyes and you start to think, so here is what I do to get my day going and get the positive juices flowing.
- Start with a thank you. I thank God every morning for waking me up. I know that seems like a given, but God allows you to wake up so why not thank him for it. I used to not do this, but when I began to realize how much I need God in my life, saying Thank You is the least I could do each morning.
- Ask God what he wants you to do today. I ask God what will you have me do? Or God, what or who can I help today? I do that so that I keep my eyes open to the things going on around me. I believe God gives you opportunities to help someone everyday. He assigns people to come through our life each day to help and I don’t want to miss that moment.
- Read my morning devotion. I am a big reader, so I read a morning devotion to get my day started. Plus I also have a few apps that I use as well to get the daily devotions sent to me.
- Make your bed. I make my bed because I don’t like coming home from work and it’s a mess. If I don’t make the bed, it feels like I don’t have enough time in my day. Crazy right, but I hate coming home and its not done. My son always ask why, because its not like you’re not going to mess it up again. I like order and this helps with that.
- Pray before walking out the door. I pray for my son before he leaves for school and I pray for myself and my day. I ask God to watch my steps and my mouth. I pray for clarity, judgement, my thinking and my work.
You notice I didn’t add coffee, well that always a must and I really enjoy a cup or two every morning.
Hope you have a wonderful day.